So you have bought a Chromecast device and you find it to be somewhat ‘limited’ in terms of watching your favorite films and TV shows in high-definition. Android doesn’t allow you to play your favorite movies unless you pay for them and now you want to cast Megabox HD to Chromecast. So, what’s the solution? Is that even possible?
These are just a few of the questions that this detailed guide on how to cast Megabox HD to Chromecast will explain. Keep reading to bring the entertainment back to your TV with this wonderful and FREE movie streaming app.
Solution 1: Cast Megabox HD to Chromecast – Using Localcast
A lot of you would settle for this method.
Don’t forget to download Megabox HD here.
It’s a great method and it lets you connect Megabox movie player to Chromecast with just a few steps. You can explore these steps below.
Install Localcast app and cast Megabox to Chromecast through it.
- Open Play Store on your phone.
- Once in Play Store, search for “Localcast”. It’s a free app and takes only a minute to download and install. Go ahead and install it on your device.
- Now it’s time to cast Megabox to Chromecast. Simply run Megabox on your phone (install from Megabox HD download link above if needed) and pick a video that you want to cast to your TV.
- Look for “Custom” from the options you see when you try to cast the video.
- This should allow you to open the video with Localcast.
- Now simply connect to Chromebox and enjoy your video on a bigger display.
I’m sure you are able to run the video by the end of this method. If you have any issues, scroll to the end where we explore troubleshooting.
Solution 2: Stream using All Cast
Now this is basically the same method as above but I’ve still put it here for those of you who love doing things step-by-step. This quick method replaces Localcast app that we used in the last method with a new app.
Install Anycast app from Play Store and cast your video with it.
- Open Google Play Store and search for ‘Anycast’. It should be easy to find this app. It’s free and has a large number of downloads so it should come up straight away.
- Now install this app by following usual onscreen prompts that you get whenever you install an app from Play Store.
- That’s pretty much it. Now simply open Mega box HD app and start playing the video that you want to see on the big screen.
- Go to options and select ‘cast’. From there, select ‘custom’.
- Now you can cast this video using Anycast. Just select it from the options that appear after you select ‘custom’.
- Enjoy the video.
Now you have done whatever was needed to cast Megabox HD to Chromecast. But still, some of you could have trouble to cast Megabox HD to Chromecast.
Don’t panic. The solutions are below.
Troubleshooting Guide – Cast Megabox HD to Chromecast
Since the methods above are simple and doesn’t require any specialty, people are usually able to cast Megabox HD videos to TV without any issues. However, some users may have issues that could be solved using the following common practices.
If your problem is related to Megabox and not with the cast method, then check the general troubleshooting guide here.
Always allow the video to run for a few seconds
Sometimes you rush it and the result is an error. When you press cast immediately and the video hasn’t loaded yet, it could interrupt the casting and therefore ruin your efforts to cast to Chromecast.
The solution to this problem is easy. Just let the video load and then cast it to your TV.
Blank screen and no video
Some users see blank screen and there is no video. The easiest solution to this problem is to ensure that you have fast internet connection.
Try another video. See if the video plays fine on your phone. The only issue here is that the video isn’t loading.
If you see a blank screen on TV indicating that video failed to load, your cast is working fine. Just fix the video loading problem by exploring different Megabox HD for Android errors.
It’s easy to cast Megabox HD to Chromecast. It takes a few minutes, a cool head, and a bag of chips.
Enjoy your video and have fun watching the latest films and TV shows on your TV instead of being restricted to a smaller screen mobile phone. The life has more for you in the bag. Go explore it!